Updated: Oct 2
We often have this idea that living fearlessly means the absence of fear. Yet, this is the biggest misconception we have about fear. Fear will not suddenly disappear and you will not transform into a super confident fearless human being. No. Fear will always be right next to you, you just learn how to manage it effectively and rise despite fear. Alisa Eresina, transformational coach herself gives 3 tips of how to turn that fear into power to develop unshakable confidence.
Experiencing fear is a human quality. Fear has an incredible value and purpose. It warns you when you are in danger and aims to keep you safe (sometimes like an overprotective mother though…). Instead of seeing your fear as your enemy, try to see it as your great teacher. In fact, it nudges you into the right direction where you can grow most.
So, remember: your goal is not to get rid of fear (this is an impossible task) but to learn how to master it properly. Here are 3 tips on how to turn fear into your personal power:
Tip 1 - Recognize your fear consciously
· Pay attention to how your fear is present in your body.
· Ask yourself: “Where do you feel it? How does it feel like?”
Tip 2 - Accept it without any judgement and resistance
· Remember: the intention of fear is to keep you safe. Just observe the process mindfully without the need to change or to get rid of anything.
· You also do not need to judge yourself for experiencing fear: accept it as an important part of your human experience.
· If it helps, tell yourself:
Thank you dear Fear, for your presence. I see you. I feel you.
Tip 3 - Choose your next step from a place of courage
· Take a deep inhale, calm down your pulse and your alarmed nervous system.
· Count from 5 to 1 and then bravely take your next step despite your fear.
What is your personal experience with fear and worry? What are your strategies to overcome it? When was the last time you conquered your fear? We'd love to hear your thoughts.
- Alisa Eresina
The female factor is a curated global community for a new era of female leaders, creating tailor-made career and business opportunities by boosting connections, confidence & competence. Ready to advance your career and create business opportunities? Join the inner circle!